Sunny Days

Grant - Hampden, Maine
Themes: nature

I believe that every sunny that is given to us we should enjoy outside. I learned this a couple years back during a beautiful sunny day in the summer. I woke up and decided to go out side see what the rest of the kids in the neighborhood were doing. So I get on my bike and pedal to the closest house. After knocking on the door, my friend Brandon comes but refuses to come outside because he is playing video games. So I reluctantly leave and travel to a new friend’s house but when I ask those brothers to come out they say that they just want to lay on the couch. So after calling them bums I made a daring decision to go to the other side of the neighborhood and if you know my hood then you know that we don’t venture to the other side often. Soon after going down there I found some one who would go outside and his name is Matt. Hanging out on the beautiful day is awesome. We took a sweet hike through the woods and while doing this we found a BB gun already loaded in the woods. We also found a fallen tree that makes the sweetest fort anyone can image. We didn’t think the day could get better until we decided to bike to a near by river. The second we got to the river we jumped in and enjoyed the wonderful feel of cool water rushing over us because it was hot that day.

So after swimming for a while we biked back to the hood. When we got back we found Brandon and the other brothers I asked to come outside, still inside but this time they called me and all of them were bored to tears. So just to put the good day to rest Matt and me played those guys in a game of bball where we wreaked them with 10 alley oops in the game. Later that week all those kids who didn’t come outside, when I asked, developed colds and had to spend even more days inside.

I think being outside in the sun just makes a person feel better and be in a better mood. There is so much to explore in the wood and so many things that someone won’t find on a TV screen. I believe that everyone should cherish every sunny day that comes along.