Enjoying Life

Asher - Minnetonka, Minnesota
Themes: carpe diem

Enjoying Life

My ultimate goal in life is pure and simple: achieve happiness. Although I agree that it is essential to learn and get an education, no matter what way you put it, that is not going to help me enjoy the limited time I have on earth. Happiness should never be based on a person’s wealth, power, or status in society. Being rich, powerful, or “important” to society does not mean that you are enjoying yourself. Doing what I want to do with my life is far more important than doing what others want me to do. Even though they may think that they know which path my life should take, it is my privilege to take whichever path I wish to choose.

Adults and authority figures in my life always ask and question about the future and what I want to do with my life. The truth is that I have no clue what I want to do with my life, and I would rather live my life day by day than always preparing for the future. Although people seem to believe that my whole life is decided by college, my life and value cannot be determined by how well I do on tests, how good the grades I get are, nor the amount of money that I make. A person’s value is defined by the actions they take, who they help, their own personal beliefs, and how they feel about their life. You will never enjoy your life if you are always living for the future.

A life is wasted when only doing what one is told to do. If you never do what you want to do with your life, you will never enjoy yourself nor be happy.