Family comes first no matter what…

Susana - San Ysidro, California

- Family comes first no matter what..-

I know in some cases this has come up and happen to anyone just like it has happen to me. I have always had this on my mind that family comes first no matter what (my dad always reminds me this), but when that time came, I did not know why I took no action on it right away to defend it. All this happen one Friday afternoon, I was at my house with all my family and suddenly the phone rang and it was my friends calling. They wanted to know if I was going to be able to go to their house. At first my parents did not wanted to let me go, and one of my closest friends wanted to talk to my mom to please let me go to the house. The problem later on was that the call was a three way call, my friend, my other friend (who invites me to her house) and me ,and when my mom was in the phone, some one at my friend’s house said something rude and my mom thought it was for her. What I thought in that moment was that I did not know what really happen , and I did not know what to do right away, but in reality the comment was for me. What I should of done was to clear that problem, but I did not do it. My mom got very upset and maybe if I would of done something about it, it would of make a difference and I would of confront my friends in that instant when I went to my friend’s house. I did went to the house because of my friend’s mom that talk to my mom to let me go. But back to what I’ve should of done I did not do it right away when I got there. But enough of “if I would of”, because it does not exist, I did not do it and period. After that, my parents were like “mad” at me because I did not do what I had to do at that moment. It did not matter what I said to them about what that “someone said” that it was for me, because it is true I had to defend my family, in this case my mom. I really love my mom and dad and brothers, and I would do ANYTHING for them, just because THEY are my life. I have learned my lesson and it doesn’t matter how small or big is the problem, but if it involves your family, they will always come first before your friends, and you just have to defend them because most of the time they will be correct and just because of the fact that they are the ones that always have being there and will be forever.