Diana - downey, California
Themes: addiction, change

Addiction is such a disgusting horrible thing anyone can experience. Its uncontrolled and unpredictable and doesnt give you a choice to say no. This topic is very personal for me. Two years ago i endured an addiction to crystal meth,at first it was just for fun to get high just here and there.When I first did it my so called “friends” said I wouldnt get addictied,that was a visious lie.

The first hit and I was instanly hooked. I was such an incredible feeling I felt like I was on top of the world. It gave me this feeling I never had before. It was this incredible blast of energy. I had no feeling to eat or sleep. Crystal Meth is extremely scary and will no matter what you think it will eventually ruin your life.It did for me. At first it was fun honestly staying up partying getting wild then when the money ran out i had to figure out how to get money so i began stealing money and things from stores and people. When people say ” Time flies by when your high” that saying is so true. A year passed be being high I missed out in alot I missed out on my sister growing up and changes in my family. All I did was cause trouble worry and pain for almost two year to my family and friends and myslf. I got addictied at sixteen till i was seventeen, I decided to go sober after having a horrible birthday when I got a court-ordered drug test. It truly has been a day to day struggle,at first it was the worst it was really hard dealing with the withdraws. Im really grateful for my famil support ,if it wasnt for them who knows where i’d be right now. Three weeks ago I hit one year sober Im finally can breath now. Im proud of myself. Ive been given a second chance. I apperciate my family and my life i think more then the average person I learned alot from my addiction its made me stronger and wiser i see clear now. I have gotten rid of my old friend and stay in a postive sober enviroment. When ever i get a chance I help people with drug problem and give them support that they can over come it. I love being able to help keep not just kids but people stay off drugs. so This I believe that with prayer,support and love addiction can be overcomed.