The Need to Keep Moving

Mallorie - Roanoke, Virginia

There was this lady who lived on my street and walked every day. She was probably about eighty or ninety years old. She had a very bad hip and rib problem, but she still walked. She was so kind, gentle, and sweet. One day she said, “I’m getting to old to take care of myself and I need to go into a nursing home.” So she did, and a couple days after being in a nursing home she got very sick and passed away. It’s been a few months since I’ve Thought about it.

She was very important to me. Every time I walk by that house, I think about what happened and how she died. It makes me feel happy and sad at the same time .Sad because she died and happy because I know that she went to a happy place. For this I Believe: She knew that if she didn’t keep moving she would pass away. I guess what I’m trying to say is when you get older you need to keep moving and keep a smile on your face because you never know what’s going to happen the next minute, hour, or day. I know while I’m typing this she’s looking down on me. I can just feel her smiling. She made me feel happy just looking at her. Some said that she had a magic touch that made people feel happy.