Life lessons

Steven - Fair Haven, New Jersey
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that life is anything but short, actually it’s long. I believe that no matter what happens in life, you have plenty of time to make it better no matter how bad it is. You lose your job, in two weeks you could have another one. You have some one die in your family, in a few months you could soon find a way to turn it into a way of remembrance and happiness and leave the sadness for the past.

I’m only fourteen years old and already people have told me that life is so short and you have to make the best of each day. Since I’ve been seven my families been telling me this. You have to do this, work on that because life’s to short to slack off. Since I’ve been seven years old I’ve taken this really close to heart, and since then I’ve been trying to do just that. My family use to use an old saying that went like this “make the most of each day, because your never sure when you’re not going to wake up and you will never know that one day when you get hit by a bus. Remember lives to short to slack off”. But as I’ve lived my life for this supposedly short fourteen years I’ve came to a thought a life lesson in a way. And this lesson that I’ve come to is that, life’s long the fact of the matter is that you probably will wake up tomorrow and go about your day, and you’re probably not going to get hit by a bus as you walk across the street.

I’ve been alive for fourteen years and to me they might as well have been a hundred years with how slow there going. No matter what happens you will have enough time to change it for the better, so instead of going through your days acting like it’s your last and driving yourself to the ground trying to get the most out of it, try realizing that its probably not your last day and instead of driving your self to the ground just have fun. Meet up with friends or family and relax on the couch and watch TV, or take your family on a trip to somewhere new and just have fun with them . And instead of the old theory that life’s to short to not make the most out of every day here’s my new one. Life’s long; too long to go through it not enjoying each day to fullest. Because if you don’t enjoy everyday of life, what’s the point of living that day?

Don’t take this story as if I wish life was short and I hate mine, because if that’s all you get out of this story then your missing the big picture. Because I love my life, if I could change one thing in my life, the chances are I probably wouldn’t. Life’s long and I plan on enjoying every minute of it.