Bad things happen in the morning

Sam - Christiansburg, Virginia
Themes: death

I believe bad things happen in the mornings. At least all of my mornings have the bad times. Because every morning I wake up with the fear that someone or something I know has died. Every morning I feel sick.

One morning I woke up to my parents’ sobs. At this I supposed my older sixteen- year-old black lab had died. But I was wrong; my younger yellow lab had died. I didn’t know why, but nobody else did either.

One year later, on the morning of Christmas Eve we decided to put my now seventeen-year –old dog to sleep. Why I thought, on Christmas Eve. I guess she had had enough pain and misery for a lifetime.

Another death. I woke up, and dealt with news my great great grandmother had passed away. I was shocked. Also devastated, and many other feelings. I just couldn’t believe it.

One early morning my cat was outside I heard barking. But this is usual. I didn’t think anything of it. Not usual this time. I hear screaming and wham wham wham. I think what heck is happening. My parents check it out. The next-door neighbors dog got to our cat. And the wham was our neighbor hitting the dog with the shovel. The cat survived.

Now I wake up. My parents tell me my dogs limping and not acting write. I hope we will take her to the vet soon I think. Please take her to the vet soon.