The Law of Attraction

Tricia - Temple City, California

The Law of Attraction

I believe in the law of attraction because it helped me find a balance in my life. I saw the Oprah show on February 8, 2008, and that day my life was drastically changed for the better. The author of The Secret was on the Oprah show revealing “the secret” with the world. The secret is the Law of Attraction. Everything that is coming into your life you are attracting. The law of attraction is attracted to you by the images you are holding in your mind. Whatever is going on in your mind, you are attracting to you whether you want to or not. We create our own energy. The good and the bad are happening in your life because you are attracting that energy. I know this is true because I used the law of attraction to cure my panic attack and depression disorder. I changed the negative energy to positive.

August of 2006 I moved out of my parents’ house and into my own apartment for the first time. I moved to Long Beach with two of my really close friends. I was very nervous about being on my own. I started worrying about money. I got so caught up on worrying about making money to pay for my bills, rent, food and personal items I need everyday. That’s when I started struggling with depression and a panic attack disorder. The panic attacks were the main cause of my depression. As my panic attacks came more often my depression got worst. I found myself always crying, worrying about everything.

I had a fear of going to public places and lost value in things that were once important to me. I was not the person my family and friends once knew. I changed into someone they no longer recognized. It was very hard on me to go on with my life. I had to take a year and a half off of school, because of my depression and lack of interest to do anything. Before my panic attacks enjoyed going out to dinner with friends or to the movies in big groups. I also enjoyed doing things for myself like going on hikes, beach trips, and bike riding. That all changed when I developed my disorder of panic attacks which then lead to my depression. I felt nervous to leave my house. I would have a day planned with a friend or family member and cancel the day completely because I would put so many negative thoughts into my head. I lost hope in myself. Until I read the book The Secret, and put the law of attraction into use. I was cured just by reading a book.

Reading the book The Secret helped me overcome my disorder. It taught me that I can put an end to this mind game I was playing with myself. There was so much more to life, and I needed to explore it without fear. I decided to return to school and put my focus on only positive things. I had something to live for again, and that was my education. I am now back in school and hoping to attend Azusa Pacific in the fall of this year. I am following my hopes and dreams again. The law of attraction is a powerful thing. The good and the bad are happening because you are attracting it. Then I learned what gratitude is and how to use it. Nothing new is going to come into you life unless you open up yourself to being grateful. When you are grateful you have a better understanding of appreciating what you have been given. Also, the opportunities that had been given to me, I have learned to take as a blessing. You will never know what tomorrow holds in store for you. I now cherish everything in my life. I learned how to approach a crisis and walk myself through it in the most positive way I can. My family and friends are happy to have the real Tricia McKiernan back, the one they all know and love.