I Belive in Going Green

David - niskayuna, New York
Themes: environment

I believe in going green in order to save the world

When you set out to save the world there are many lifestyle changes that are to be made, many people say “is it possible?” Changing our effect on the world is not only possible but it’s entirely necessary. We as citizens of the world have a moral obligation to choose the safest, cleanest and most sustainable sources of energy to protect and preserve our earth.

When I started to embrace the green gentleman in me I learned many new thing I can do. I learned that there are three main ideas on how to live a greener lifestyle. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Undoubtedly you’ve all heard them before. For me they have words to live for. There are many incentives to living green. The biggest one being the fact that you’re saving the world and by reducing your CO2 emissions. One surefire way to be greener is to walk, bike, carpool, or use public transportation to get to where you need to go. Plus that way you don’t have to pay for gas. Here’s a bright idea why not use an energy efficient compact fluorescent light bulb. Each bulb will last nine times longer than an incandescent light bulb ad save you an average of one hundred and eleven dollars over its life. Additionally each bulb saves 800 pounds of Co2 from entering the atmosphere.

Since I turned thirteen and began to notice my effect on the world, I have changed drastically, from starting recycling programs at school and in my Boy Scout troop, to composting. I even got my parents to buy, not one, but two hybrids, I take the bus to school, walk to many events and carpool often. You can do this too. No one person can save the world but all of us must do our share.

If you believe it you can achieve it.