Richard - Greensboro, North Carolina

Every day there’s always something. I hate it. I don’t know why, but I’m always attracted, sucked in, to the negativity, all the negative news of today’s world. It happens every day. I see it when I wake up and read the paper. I listen to it while driving to school with the radio blaring, and while I’m on the internet doing homework. There is so much out there, it’s amazing. Every time something happens, even though it may have happened a million times, I’m still amazed. I think about what goes on in our world today and every time it’s just like, wow! What has our world become? How can we let our planet just keep deteriorating? I think about what I have, the sacrifices my parents have made for me to help me grow and become a better person. I think about how lucky I am to live in the United States and to have freedom. I think about how if I exert myself to the fullest, to see my potential, what a person I could end up being. Then, I look at the world. What it has become. I see violence everywhere, people dying, living on the streets, then, I see some overpaid superstar idol that tons of people look up to, having a great life making millions throw it all away by making one stupid mistake. Then one day someone told me about something that they heard the Pope say that made me feel relieved. The Pope said if we truly believe in Jesus Christ and in God his father eventually, He will win his battle against the devil. Sure, sometimes I stop and think why me? But, do we ever think that maybe things happen for a reason? That that terrible deed, that negative action, happened for a reason? I believe it did. It happened for a reason. Even though something bad may have happened in my life I believe, and my faith teaches me even though good or bad that that happened for a reason and it may take time to see what it is, but through all of our many ups and downs, through thick and thin, we will eventually fulfill our plan on earth and someday everything will be okay. And I believe that one day there will be no more worries, violence, and hunger and that we will all be up above the clouds with God.