The Fast Food Worker is Your Hero

Carrie - Palatine, Illinois

I believe this, that one important thing in life is to be friendly and kind to the fast food workers. First and foremost, most fast food workers are only making minimum wage. They work the long and unwanted hours late at night. The fast food worker is kind enough to open his window and take your order filling your need for that one last meal.

They work quickly and keep you going.

They always offer to “biggie size it.”

They feed you when all other places have closed for the night.

They keep you fed without emptying your wallet.

The fast food worker deserves your kindness.

Everyone has seen that one horrible customer screaming at the meekly fast food guy. While the worker is scurrying around to quickly fix the meal even before the angry customer has finished screaming. These people take all of your abuse when you have had a rough day and still hand you your food with a smile. They deserve your kindness because without every person working in the place could spit in your food without you ever knowing.

The fast food worker deals with your mumbling and blasting music while he tries to decipher your order. They seem to be able to get your order right even when all twenty people in your car are screaming out something different. The fast food worker even manages to get you the right food when you decide it’s a good idea to rap your order because just saying just doesn’t seem to work.

The fast food worker deals with all of your craziness. The young kids who try walking through the drive thru because they don’t have a car. The hippie kids who seem to be on so many drugs you wonder if they still remember their own name.

The fast food even deals with the drunk 21 year olds who are just first enjoying the fun of alcohol. They all stumble in with one sober guy trying to keep them all together and in line. They each come up to the counter in the same way, slurring their words and practically laying down across the counter. The fast food worker just keeps going getting them all that complimentary glass of water.

The fast food worker takes care of you and never judges. That fast food worker you see there at all times of the day is your friend and you must respect them as if they were royalty.