Abstinence is the True Answer

Maci - Hastings, Michigan

One of the many things that I believe in is abstinence. I believe that you should wait for your future spouse. That you can share something special with the person that you truly love. I have recently read an article in a Brio magazine that used the analogy of a “gift”. If you give yourself away all you can give your future spouse is a dirty “gift”. But if you save yourself you can give them a pure “gift”.This article said that you have a gift that you give to your spouse. Do you want it to be clean and pure or dirty and used? I believe that you should always wait and give the pure gift to the person you will someday marry out of love. Do not just give your gift away to anyone but save it for the right person. The one that it is meant to be for. More then likely your spouse will be saving your gift for you. Their gift will be clean. So do you want to give them an already used gift. Your gift that you have to give is meant for one person and one person only. This is why I believe that abstinence is the answer. Then you will not have to  explain why you are giving an unclean and already used gift. I know that people say that it is the thing to do before you get married. But why would you want to conform with the world? Do you want something special to give to your spouse? If you save yourself then you can always remember it as something special. Save your gift for the right person, and this should always be for your spouse not just any person. People may say the they think this is the person that I will marry, so why do I have to wait. I would say wait because something could always go wrong and then your gift is then used for the person that it truly belongs to. So be proud to be taking apart in abstinence. Just a few weeks ago I was reading a book called Torch Red by Melody Carlson. This book talked about how this girl wanted to have sex because all of her friends already did and this girl felt left out. So she was just eager to get a boyfriend and get it over. But once she got the chance she just freaked out. She had learned by the end of the book that having sex was not the answer. That it was just something to that people did for attention, it was not out of love. This girl also learned that she wanted to wait for the person that she truly loved to give him the most special gift ever. I to agree with this girl. She wanted to do it just to impress her friends. I think that this is an excuse that many people use. But this is just an excuse. Why would you want to do it just to fit in?So I believe that abstinence is the true answer. That saving yourself is the way to fit in. Be proud that you waited to share the most special thing that you have. I also believe that this is what truly makes you fit in. I hope that more people will learn to have abstinence and learn that waiting is the best thing that you could do. This is what I believe.