My Belief

Eli - san diego, California
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living a full life each day and doing what I believe is worthwhile, whether good or bad, happy or sad, long or short. Every day I try to do at least one thing I want for that day. Maybe life is short but the days are not. If you are there being present in every moment the days seem more fulfilling. A personal example of this was when I went to Yosemite and I had just gotten this book before we went. When we were driving by all these amazing sites of cliffs, waterfalls, plains and forests I was sitting there fully content on reading my book in the car. After a little while I looked up and we had already driven an hour or so and were in front of the place we were going to live for a few days. Once we got to our place that we were staying at my parents were saying how there were so many things out there that I missed. They saw a bear, dear, birds, and way more of the scenery then I did. Now that I am done with the trip looking back I know I could have read the book any time and anywhere. It’s not like the book was a rental. I now realize what I should have, could have, and would have done if I were really awake and aware and living in that day.

An example related to anyone is if you watch TV or play a game and you are content doing that, you look up check a clock and realize it is dark out side. Don’t just daydream; don’t just stay inside and watch TV, or don’t just sit. If you happen to be sitting, watch and learn. If you happen to be daydreaming make it worthwhile. Since I am in high school, reviewing school work or homework in my head would help. Many students think that studying is not very worthwhile because learning about a certain subject might not be important to them. Many students believe this and I like this way of life too. I would share this way with every one because it won’t seem like life flies by when you are there and awake. I decided this near the beginning of the project as I sat on my couch watching TV then realizing it was dark and I needed to think of a belief. I believe in living a full life each day and doing what I believe is worthwhile, whether good or bad, happy or sad, long or short.