Family may be importance to you

Liseth - San Diego, California

I believe in family, I believe in the power of family. And this is why.

My family are the most important people in my life, I can count on them. They teach me how to be a better person. I remember when I told my mom that I didn’t want to go to school, but she told me that you have to because if you want a better life you need to go to school. I would have the opportunity to be the person that I want to be because she didn’t have that opportunity.

Before writing this, I didn’t know in what I believed until I thought of my family because they are special to me. My favorite part about being with them is going to the park to play volleyball or making lunch in the backyard. I have many memories with my family that make me feel like who I am. I also observe in how we play and have fun all together, I smell the fresh air when we have a wonderful day to together.

I realize that I love my family and I am glad to be with them. Without them I would ask myself what kind of a person I would be. Because of them I have learned the meaning of respect, thankfulness, happiness, and sadness. But the most important meaning of family is that they have taught me how to love. My family gives me strength, and I am really thankful for what my family has given me. After my family come my friends in importance. I consider my friends a big part of my life because if it is not my family supporting me, it is my friends.

My family makes me think of the importance of being together. I care about my family and I feel like a different person when I am with them.

I know that I may have arguments with my sisters or parents, but in my heart I know I love them. And I may believe in other things, but my biggest belief is family, a family in which I can trust and be supported.

I consider myself part of that family and I am glad I believe in them. You may think family may not be of importance to you, but to me it is important. It is half of my heart that I love and believe.