I Believe in My Family

Barbara - Williamsburg, Michigan

I believe in Family; it is the building block that helps me to succeed in anything that I do in life. While I may not always get along with mine, I do love them and would accredit much that I have accomplished in my life time to them. My family helped me say my first words and tie my shoes; they were my first teachers. If I could say that I truly believe in anything it would be my family.

My family originally had six members including me, now it has grown to ten and a half. The leader of my family is my dad. He is the quiet but strong. I love how we all look up to him so much and are constantly asking for his guidance and advice for the decisions that we are faced with in our lives. He is the happy go lucky dad that I have grown up with and am proud to call my daddy.

My mom and I have a special relationship; it is kind of a love- hate relationship. But at the end of the day I would definitely say that I love her very much. She keeps my family going with her motherly way of trying to help all of her children to have their dreams come true.

I have three sisters; they are my best friends. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t talk to at least one if not all of them. I can tell them anything. My sisters are the type of girls who would do anything in their power to embarrass me. Not the really bad stuff, but if they can think of anything that was remotely funny that I have done either as a child or recently they will tell whoever we are with. They are all so great with each their own way of helping me.

Finally I have three brothers- in- law, they are my favorite group of guys to be with no matter how much they make fun of me, or how often they talk about the stupid manly stuff they have just recently done. As much as I may seem to get annoyed with the boys my life would be so very different without them in it.

The most recent member of my family would be Tucker. He is my nephew. He is only two and a half months old but he has already made a difference in my family. Also my oldest sister is about to have a baby. That would explain the ten and a half members that I mentioned before.

My family may not be the richest or even be the best at everything they do, but I love them. Without my family I would be very unhappy. The older that I get the more I see how much I truly count on and expect my family to be there for me. I know how much I really need them. They have gotten me through the toughest times in my life and I know that they will continue to teach and guide me for years and years to come.

I believe in the power that a family has to help each other through tough times. My family has held me and told me that it will be all right even when my world has come crashing down around me and I do not see a way out. They are the people that I feel most comfortable around and who I trust the most. A family is very important and I am glad that I have the family that I do. Without them I would not be the person that I have grown up to be. This is what I Believe.