Deaf, blind and mute

Courtney - york, Pennsylvania
Themes: change

I begin to feel my heart starting to race; doors slide open while I’m walking in. Big fluffy pink couches surround me with 4 elevators openings, filled with people. As I stop to look around my heart begins to race faster and faster.

Have you ever walked into a nursing home and got Goosebumps on how many elders could not see, hear or talk? Are you sure you’ve never seen pieces missing in them? People like us push them aside and begin to think, “ They don’t need to have fun their going to die soon anyway.” Well, how would you like not being able to do anything for the remaining time you have left? I’d definitely not add that to my list. Older men and women are just like us. They laugh, cry, smile, frown and even like to have fun. I believe in gratitude that by not helping people that have nothing can’t see, hear, talk or even walk is only hurting you. I guess if you want to feel someone else’s feelings you have to be able to feel your own.

I’m very grateful I get to use my five senses and be very active to. On the other had I think we should all be put in a spot at the nursing home. I am not saying this because I like seeing elders in wheelchairs not being able to talk. We should have gratitude for everything we have, and we should get a chance to see what its like to have nothing. If you have a special sport you play and are not able to play that because of a special disability, how would you feel? Probably the same way they do. Their dreams are put aside because of physical problems they have. Why do we sit here and be ungrateful for everything we have?

We all think life’s about having everything, well its not. We need to look around and see everyone that doesn’t have everything. Be grateful and have gratitude. Helping people is a great change in life. So, you can make a change