Gay marriages

Taylor - Austin, Texas

I believe that all men are created equal and that we are born with life, libert and the pursuit of happiness.

If this is true, what if my pursuit of happiness is to marry a woman? if all men are created equal, why are straight couples “allowed” to marry but gay marriages are looked down on and in some states banned? Even our own government doesnt approve.

I remember at the beginning of my freshman year in high school i stayed after school with my girlfriend. We were talking and then we kissed and hugged each other. As soon as that happened, a hall monitor told us, not asked but told us that we needed to leave because that was not “allowed” and we need to go to the woods so nobody could see us and do that. While we were leaving we saw a straight couple making out and no one asked them to leave. That was the first time someone had shown prejudice against me and it was at my own school. People have told me that it gets worse. That some people will even hate me without even knowing who i am because of who I’m with. In some cases people have beaten other people because they’re gay, and in other cases, people have been killed because of it. Killing and beating someone only because they are gay is immature and cruel. Would you want to be killed or beaten because of someone you love? Even if you just call them an ugly name like fag, that makes you just as worse as the ones who are killing and beating homosexuals because you’re hurting them emotionally. You may not know but when you call someone who is a gay a hurful name or tell them they’re going to hell because the Bible says, it hurts and takes apart a sense of security that person had. Before you do something, before you call someone a hurtful name, take a walk in there shoes. Think about it, would you want to be humiliated and beaten because you’re gay? No one would want this. If everyone is created equal then gay marriages wouldn’t be considered strange or wrong. That would make the world just a bit better. This i believe.