Nature

Pairsa - Renton, Washington
Themes: nature

I strive to be invisible. Unseen, in a world of over six million eyes. I want to be able to live one day without worrying how my hair looks, or if my outfit will draw to much attention to me. I guess I want to be free, even if it is just for one day.

I believe in the power of nature, and the peace that comes with it. Even looking out a car window into the lush green forests of the pacific northwest brings a feeling of calm over my body. Nature doesn’t care what your outfit looks like. It is a place where I can be stripped of all of my flaws and just focus on what is in front of me.

I am far away from being a tree hugger. I am not a peace lover or a hippie. I am a citizen of the united states who feel she has a responsibility to take care of the land god gave us. Ever since I was a little girl I was able to tell the difference between natural and man made. Good and bad. A walk down Alki Beach turns into an internal battle as I look over the water and feel my heart soar at such a perfect picture, only to find sky scrapers on the opposite shore sticking out like sore thumbs in my mind. For me, steel and cement buildings ruin natural settings.

My cousins house fuses nature, family, and belonging all together under one roof. They have three acres of land, every inch covered in grass and scattered with giant oak trees that seem to touch the sky. But one tree in particular stands out among the rest. Its branches are shaped like U‘s, most of which are two to five feet above the ground. I cannot tell you have many hours I have spent laying on that tree thinking. It is effortless. I didn’t have to try to think, I just did, my views on everything changed and I learned to accept life faster then I thought humanly possible.

I feel like myself when I am surrounded by nature. I feel free from a release of the judgments of today‘s society. Almost as if I could run and scream and there would be no one there to judge me but the trees and the birds. There is also depth and meaning nature that makes me feel that I may be part of something bigger than myself. Bigger than everyone.

I believe in the ability of nature. For me, it was able change the way I think and how I view life. I believe nature is like a religious book; people either worship it, burn it, or fall asleep reading it. When you read between the lines, that is when you find new meaning behind the text.