Travis - San Marcos, California
Themes: children

I believe in innocence. By innocence, I mean I believe in purity. That idea, or more, that time back when things were, different. When the world was more open, and much lighter. Back when you watched the Disney Channel, and you believed – truthfully – that people who did bad things either went to a bad place, or atoned. And when they atoned, they meant it. When I used to watch Beetleborgs and every moral at the end of every show was taken to heart. So I guess, kind of what I’m saying, is I believe in children, in a way. Not a creepy way, though. Just clarifying. Anyway, the whole things ironic because, to be honest, I hate kids. The pooping, the whining, the crieng – no. Put that aside. What I’m looking at is the world they see.

The world where everythings possible. Where everyone goes to the college they want to. When one in three people will become veterinarians. The place where cats and dogs live together – and like eachother. Back when the color of your skin, or the color of your friends skin, or the color of your friends parents skin didn’t matter. Like it really didn’t matter – because you didn’t care. I mean it, you really did not care. You saw the world in black and white – and wait, I don’t mean it like that. Like differences or anything. I mean you saw the world clearly – that you two were just people. Race didn’t matter. Neither did religion, or economic status. Even intelligence. There were no benchmarks to pass, hurdles to overcome or class curriculum to seperate you. You were kids. And you were honest. That’s the big part. You were both honest. You played together because you enjoyed eachothers company. There were no alterior motives. Popularity didn’t seperate you. Sex drives didn’t get in the way of anything.

I’m starting to digress. I guess part of what I’m trying to say is that maybe as people we need to take a look back at when we were kids. When we were more innocent, and a bit more pure. When we believed more was achievable. Maybe it’s time we put less emphasis on growing up and more emphasis on staying young – in our ambitions, anyways. Maybe that’s what America wants in our next leader – a little more innocence, a little more raw humanity. I believe in innocence, and that our perceptions of that pristine world we imagine as kids shouldn’t fade or be tempered by the mistakes and actions of those before us who went too far astray from their childhood dreams.