I Believe In My Freinds

Philip - Spring Branch, Texas

Everyone has something that they believe in. For me it is my friends. My friends are very important to me there almost like a family away from home, and like family were always there to help each other out. Whether we help them with the simplest things such as homework because they didn’t finish theirs or with something very important such as helping them out when something bad has happened in their family.

For instance, when I was eating lunch with my friends one of them brought another one of their friends who apparently didn’t think very much of me. As we were eating each day it would seem he had something to say to me or about me. However each and every time I saw at least one of my friends speak up for me even if I hadn’t paid attention to what he was saying because I was busy eating.

However to get good friends like these you have to be a good friend in return by doing something to help them. For me this usually involves helping them in their classes which I do even if it’s never acknowledged.

With that said your family of friends is different than your actual family because as they say you can choose your friends but you can’t choose your family. For instance the person who was constantly insulting me was clearly not my friend but now he has stopped and is actually pretty cool. Though he I wouldn’t exactly say he’s my friend he’s alright with by me.

It’s a good idea to understand who your friends are also because people can just pretend it’s true and essentially ignore you and you won’t be very happy. Also, in the worst case scenario they could use you as a scapegoat so they won’t get in trouble or just use you for there own gain whatever that may be. Thus it’s important that you choose your friends carefully.

Also, friendships can be very fragile just like glass. They can be shattered by a number of things such as trust. If you can’t trust your friend and he can’t trust you then it’s almost as if you were never friends in the first place. The friends of your friends can also ruin a friendship. If you don’t get along with the people that your friend hangs out with then you will probably begin to lose each others friendship.

Thus my friends are important to me and finding and maintaining a good friendship is difficult but important. This I believe.