i believe

ben - west linn, Oregon

I Believe

I believe in the power of friendship. I believe that without friendship, there would be no point in living.

About a year ago my grandparents got into a car accident putting my grandmother into the ICU and putting my grandfather in his house with a broken kneecap and a dislocated hip for the fourth time. When my mother and I found this out, we packed our bags and moved to his house in Lake Oswego. Due to all of the stress and responsibility of taking care of my grandfather, I couldn’t deal with the nagging of my mother PLUS all of the homework my teachers were giving me so I decided to escape. Some people escape through drugs or alcohol, my friends and I decided to escape through skipping school. It felt wonderful to be around people who didn’t need constant help or wanted me to be someone else, they liked me for who I was, the way I was. As soon as got into a car, it seemed that my hectic life melted away by going on long drives, going bowling, going to Bulwinkles, or going to movies.

About two months of doing this, my mother unfortunately found out and was so upset that I was grounded for the rest of the school year. Although that happened, I got one of best friends form it and if I could do it again, I would