Natural Healing

Sarah - Frankfort, Kentucky
Themes: love, nature

As I sit on my little piece of earth, on the grass in my backyard, tears fall from my cheeks and onto the lawn below. The grass absorbs my tears, and tastes the sorrow that is in my heart. The wind blows in a gentle breeze and dries my wet cheeks. A robin in a tree sings me a kind tune of empathy. I feel completely alone, and yet totally surrounded by my mother, Mother Nature.

My heart was in pieces and there was no one there to help me pick them up again. The one person I had truly ever loved was gone, and he was not coming back to me. It was an agony that my spirit could almost not handle. And in this harshest time I found myself alone, with not a friend by my side. Not even a kind word from a stranger’s lip did I hear. I cried for the fact of loneliness. I cried for loss. And I cried for myself.

But then I came to realize, I can do without him. I can do without everyone’s comforting. I can do without the healing that comes from the love from another human soul.

Mother Nature has her own soul. One that is vast and powerful. She is a thing that is not quite measurable by mere words. She is not measurable by mere thought or contemplation. She is a being who is in tune with every one of our souls. When I cry, she cries with me. She takes me up in her arms and shows me the beauty in the world. She shows me the things that truly matter. She makes me forget the harsh realities that come along in life and teaches me to appreciate the simple pleasures that living brings. I hear her voice in a soft wind. I feel her might in a powerful storm. I see her beautiful artistry in every sunset. She is a true teacher who has much wisdom to share with her children.

I know that no matter what I do, and no matter who I wrong, I will always have Mother Nature there to console me. She doesn’t judge or criticize. She is only there to reconcile, rebuild and make better. She does it with the grace and ease that only she can. I believe that Mother Nature is my one true comforter. She heals all wounds.