My Strongest Value

Tyler - Boise, Idaho

I believe that family is the most important value in a person’s life. Without with the care and guidance of my parents, brothers and relatives, life would be much more difficult. I’m very close with all my family members and I feel that I can talk to each one if I ever have a problem or have made a mistake because I know that they will always understand. I have two great parents, two brothers and many lovable relatives. The people in my family that I appreciate the most are my parents. They do everything they can to make me, my brothers and the people closest to them joyful. They provide me with love, care and the support and encouragement to help me succeed in school, sports and life. They have taught me many lessons that I will cherish and carry with me for the rest of my life.

The relationship that my dad and his brother have accumulated shows me the strong connection between the two. One of the things that my dad hopes for in the future is that my two brothers and I will have the same close relationship that he has with his brother. My two brothers are a very important part in my life. Besides my parents pushing me to be the best I can be, it is the competitiveness between my brothers and I that really motivate me to succeed. We all play the same sports and do similar activities at which we compete to see who is better at each one such as basketball, football and even poker. Being able to do activities together and push each other makes me notice how lucky I am to not be an only child.

Although my parents and my brothers are very pleasurable to be around and are the closest to me, my cousins and my only grand father are the family members that I always enjoy being around. I was able to experience the importance of family even more after 3 out of my 4 grandparents died within two and a half months. That was the toughest and most emotional time of my life to see three family members that I knew and cared about pass away so abruptly. Ever since that time I have cherished the moments with my grandfather more than ever. I’m fortunate that he is my grandfather because he is not only an inspiration to me but my own father. The reason why my dad is who he is today is because of my grandfather and the lessons he learned from him as a kid and now those same lessons are being brought upon me. My closest cousins are like brothers to me and even though they are all in college now I still manage to keep in touch weekly. I’m happy to have these three older cousins so that I can learn from their mistakes to prevent them from happening to me.

My parents, brothers, cousins and my grandfather are the family members that I can always count on. In my life, my family is the most precious thing I have and I love them all.