People can’t expect everything from everybody.

Amelia - Strasburg, Pennsylvania

What I believe

I believe that people shouldn’t judge people for who they are. For example, just because people are big and wear glasses don’t mean they deserve to be made fun of. Or here is another example, in school a couple of years ago; I finished my assignment in class. Then a girl in my class had the nerve to be like why do have to be such an over achiever. The only reason I got it done; was so that I didn’t have to do homework after school, and that I Had time to do what I wanted to do. I also believe that if you’re nice enough to volunteer for something, for someone that I’ll call Jane because she needed the help with it. Then they decided ok she already decided to help for one month. So I’ll just sign her up for the rest of the whole summer rotation. That’s what happened to me. Jane his person at our church was heading up the rotation, and she asked our class if we could help out. So our senior class passed around a piece of paper and wrote down our names and email addresses and where we wanted to help.

She sent me an email containing what month I could do and again where I wanted to volunteer at.

So I sent her back a reply clearly stating that I could only do July. My exact words were, I can help out in July I don’t know about another months, and what we’re doing. Then I hit send and she got it, apparently because the next day I got a card in the mail. It said, thank you for signing up for the First month. I was really mad, because I didn’t sign up for June I only signed up for July. Then I got another one in July. After July I got another one for August I did it, anyway because Jane left the church and we had a temporary person filling in for her. So they didn’t have a lot of people so that’s why I was the bigger person and did the whole three months. The last thing I believe is that if you have a twelve year old daughter and a sixteen year old daughter. It is not fair or very nice to let your twelve year old daughter do everything. My cousin is twelve and her sister my other cousin is sixteen and they let my twelve year old cousin that I’ll call Kendra, do anything. They let her buy two dogs, and they never let my other cousin I’ll call Lauren do that. I have said to other people they seriously don’t realize how left out their daughter feels. And my final thought is that I believe if you are going to let one person get away with more than the other person make sure you have good reason because otherwise it will ruin a relationship for a lot of years to come so you should at least know what your consequences’ are.