I Believe in True Friends

Jase - Dicovery Bay, California

I Believe in True Friends

I believe in true friends. True friends come later in life like in college or in a job but they also come earlier if they have the same kind of personality. This belief comes from friends coming and going because the people I make friends with now will only hurt me later in life. I have learned from my brother that friends that I meet in college will always be true to me because they have the same qualities and I can relate to the things that they do because I do them to.

When I meet my brother’s friends it is like I am meeting my brother all over again. This has taught me to have friends now and if they work out it will all be fine but if they don’t move onto the next set of people. When friends come into my life they always have to be tested to see if they can be compatible with my life. I love to surf and if my friends do surf or want to learn how to it would make our friendship a whole lot better. Through my experiences with friends that I have met in middle school some of them are choosing a different path that will not be ok for me because they got into some illegal things and that just isn’t in my life plan.

So far life has come at me fast but I can still have the time to filter out all of the so-called friends that I have made acquaintances with. I have met friends that have never talked behind my back and they are the true friends that I will call when I am in my forties and I want to catch up with old friends that I can trust. Some friends that will always stay true to me is my family because I have been living with them my whole life and we have a lot in common and they don’t talk behind my back and they don’t get dragged into a different crowd. I have friends all over the world that I have met on trips and just going across the street to introduce myself.

True friends are friends that won’t be rude to my family, they won’t talk behind my back, we get along very well, and they have the same interests and personality. They shouldn’t have to hide any secrets. They shouldn’t be judgmental and think you’re weird because you have a single flaw to your lifestyle. Friends are people that I can hangout with and not get all uncomfortable with. When friends don’t work out it is just like a phase, I just pack up and move on to the next best thing. When I move onto the next best thing it is like starting over and making a new life and make a face for myself. I have had many occasions where I have had to change my image.

I believe in true friends coming before, during, and after college.