Reach for the Stars

Miranda - Windsor, California

Happiness can be found in several different ways. For some it’s in money, good looks, a nice car, and fame; for others its simple things like being loved, having good friends, and loving life. I believe that true happiness is found in working hard to achieve lifelong goals.

Ever since I was young I have aspired to five main goals: graduating from college, getting married, having children, getting an enjoyable job, and just being a good person. To me, if I were to achieve these goals, I would be successful and happy. I work towards my goals, putting in extra effort to see them accomplished. I don’t care how “comfortable” my life is I just want to be happy.

I haven’t achieved my goals yet, but I get closer with everyday in everything I do. Everyday we work towards our goals through many ways. When I go to school everyday and do my schoolwork, I am working towards my goal of going to college and graduating. What I see in my future is what keeps me going and keeps me working hard. We only reach our goals by trying our best and putting forth the effort

I understand that happiness is a reward and I get it by working hard to get where I am and where I want to be, it isn’t just handed to me. I have to get up and do something for it; I have to give to get back. There are days when I may feel like taking the easy way out would make me happier, but I know that in the long run it’s the hard work that it takes me to get where I want to be that gives me the most pleasure. I believe that the only way to be truly happy is to work hard and achieve your goals.