This I believe

Tia - Lampeter, Pennsylvania

I believe that if you are determined, anything can be achieved, accomplished, and succeded.

Through determination, failure isn’t an option. When there are obstacles in the way, one will strive to overcome them, and in a way that’ll benefit you. I believe that if you put your mind to something, it can get done, even if it seems impossible and all odds are against you.

I believe what I believe because I can relate to it, and my story goes to show that through determination, I achieved what others thought I couldn’t.

I never played field hockey, and the team needed a goali. Previously, I was the team manager. I got pressured and I thought, “why not.” I knew that I had a lot of work ahead of me and that I was determined to learn the position and how to properly play. I learned to play in two days, and the next day, I was thrown into a tournament. I was nervous, but put the skills that I learned to the test, and with the help of my team mates, we won! In the end of that hot, muggy day, it felt so good to know that I did something that took a lot of guts to do. looking at the trophy, I had worked hard and dedicated myself to learning the sport. In fact I achieved what people thought I couldn’t do.

Furthermore, I believe that it was something that I put into practice for lacrosse and anything else that I was determined to do.

I believe that if you do put determination into practice, you can do anything. It’ll be hard but not impossible. By people telling me that I couldn’t only made me want to prove to them that I could complete the task at hand.

There are many examples throughout history that prove what I believe is effective.

If people weren’t determined, nothing in this world would get done. Nothing would be achieved. Look at Martin Luther King Jr. He wanted things to be equal between whites and blacks. Some other people that have put this belief into play are Lance Armstrong, President Lincoln, and many more. All the singers and celebrities of today didn’t get where they are and achieve what they have achieved without being determined. People all over the world know their name and accomplishments, all because in the beginning of it all; they were determined.

People always try to be bigger and better. Strive to be whatever it is you want to be, and it’ll take you far. Nothing will get in the way when you put your mind to something.

That’s why I believe what I believe….

Anything can be accomplished through determination.