Justin - Lampeter, Pennsylvania

I believe in determination.

I believe in never giving up no matter how impossible the task may seem. Having that drive inside of you to keep going and complete the task you set out to do. Because if you quit and just give up then all of that hard work that you put into your task will go to waste. This is something that I believe our generation has to learn how to do. We all have sat around listening to our grandparents tell us stories about how when they were our age they had to walk fifteen miles through the snow to get to school. We do not think anything of these stories but really we should pay attention because these stories can teach us some very important lessons. Some of the most important individuals in the world had to go through some hard times and stay determined to get where they are today. There are also some sports teams that just recently showed that determination will pay off in the end.

One example are the 2007 Philadelphia Phillies. Last season the Phillies were trailing the New York Mets by a good amount of games towards the end of the regular season. No one really gave the Phillies a chance to win the division because of them being so far back in the standings. The Phillies had other ideas though.

They came back and beat their National League East Division rivals the last nine times the two teams played each other. This extraordinary feat set the Phillies up to win the division, and complete one of the greatest comebacks in major league baseball history. Philadelphia won the rest of the games that they had to and won the division, completing the amazing comeback. Another example is about my comeback in high school to make it into college. During my sophomore and junior years I let my grades slip which made the dream of going to college look out of reach. In my senior year I set out to change that. I worked hard and earned the grades I needed to help me get into college.