Human Views

Matthew - Palatine, Illinois

Human Views

I believe in sharing different ideas amongst people. Human knowledge is expanded through exposure to unique views. If different races were more open to each other’s culture, the world could unite new theories and collaborate towards a better future. Stereotyping and prejudice brought on through war and conflict amongst nations has severely handicapped the amount of resources available to humanity. The next step in human evolution will not come until the human race is ready to co-exist and be open to the suggestions of its fellow nations.

Given today’s current situation of international hostility, with frequent suicide bombings of Israel, corrupt communist governments in Myanmar that deprive its people vital post-cyclone relief packages, and the threat of nuclear warfare drawing closer by the day, there is little time or effort put towards human progression. If humanity were able to avoid international confrontation, the threat of racism would be eliminated by the process of cultural diffusion. Nations from all over the world would be able to integrate amongst each other, leading towards a more well-rounded population with an endless variety of information available to everyone. This accessibility to worldly knowledge would eventually turn towards a worldly effort aimed at human progression, rather than national dominance.

If people from different cultures were allowed free assimilation into other cultures without tension between nations, people would have no reason to dislike the versatility of the cultural belief system. This open mindedness would allow for sharing of ideas and theories from a joint collaboration of all nations. Ideas could be openly discussed and criticized from all corners of the globe and humanity could attempt to answer some of the more important issues that face the world as a whole.

Children living in a nation involved in combat build up a hate for the enemy that is deep rooted in their lives. Because the threat of attack has been a part of these children’s lives for as long as they can remember, a natural hatred for the enemy is established. Although the actions of the enemy country could very well jeopardize all of the freedoms of another country, the beliefs of the enemy country should be shared in hopes of coming to an understanding. If a common ground can be established from similar beliefs, then progression towards a better future could be initiated.

By sharing different cultural beliefs, countries could identify what issues are truly important and how similar all of our needs really are. Countries need to eliminate their selfish drive for power so that different ideas can be spread between nations. I believe that only then can humanity begin to make great strides in the field of global relief aimed at human preservation-rather than national efforts of creating new-age nuclear weapons aimed at human destruction.