Memories Are Everything

Chris - Ligonier, Indiana
Themes: legacy

Where would we be without memories…who would we be…would we be who we are today? Memories are present inside of every human being on this planet. They are like your own personal diary or treasure chest of good times and bad times. Nobody can open it or see what you have on your mind or what you’ve been through. They shape who you are and what you’ve become. It’s my belief that memories are everything. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think back on good times and past memories just for good time’s sake. It’s amazing how many things you can remember and always keep with you no matter what you go through.

I am an 18 year old senior in high school and I am about to graduate. I started to realize some things that I had never really realized before. As a senior in high school I started to think back to the beginning of my freshman year and all the times when I used to get messed with by my older brothers friends and all the good times I used to have with my friends. Then there were the sophomore days where I picked on the under classmen and pulled dead trees out of the woods for and art project that turned out to be a circle. My junior year was just another year in high school by this time and I liked a girl, but that didn’t go so well and my senior year has been a treacherous one. In the end though I can say that honestly my years in high school have been amazing and I will always remember them. I will never forget anything that happened in high school even if it’s sledding with floor tiles or going to the dunes and even drifting between trees with a celebrity that had no bumper. The times when I couldn’t stop laughing and the times when I wouldn’t want to talk, it doesn’t matter because it has happened and is burned into your mind forever. It is my belief that memories are everything.