Morals Now A Days

Brittany - palm Desert CA

In today’s life as a high school student I don’t believe that I have the rights nor do I have the morals I should have and that when our parents went to school, their rights and morals were a lot different then 21st century. When you think of our parents age (1960s) you never wore a short skirt and you weren’t caught dead cursing around the school or town. But in today’s society most teenagers do whatever they want and parents are all right with that!

It gets to me that parents are more concerned with being their kids friends more than being their parents; that is so pathetic. Teenagers these days don’t think of what they do before they do it. On top of that, they have absolutely no respect for their elders or their peers. Just on this campus you hear guys calling girls “bitches” “hoes” and “skanks” all the time and the girls let them. The boys aren’t the only one at fault, many teenage girls think “they’re amazing and great” so they use as much foul language as possible and just have no self respect in how they present themselves. Clothing today consists of like a 4-inch skirt with a low cut top as casual wear. Boys are wearing jeans pretty much down to their knees and showing everyone what kind of boxers they were wearing that day.

Teenagers are always back talking to their teachers and parents. The difference today is that mainly their parents take it and don’t take precautions to prevent it from happening again. They are more concerned how to get their kid to be the most “popular” and well-known kid on campus rather then a respectful teenager with high morals. Not only are they teaching their kids bad habits, they are sometimes the cause of their teenagers actions. Parents sometimes hold parties for their teenagers and their friends to drink, do drugs, and sometimes have sex at thinking that it’s no big deal that’s just what you do in high school.

In conclusion, today’s society has changed drastically over the years. Seems like clothes are getting smaller, attitudes are getting bigger, and self-respect is fading away. I believe that if things were to change they’re wouldn’t be as much controversy and hate towards teenagers these days in high school and college. I may not be the perfect example of someone with the right morals and respect, but I’m trying to change all that and hopefully other teenagers will do the same and try to make themselves the best they possibly can be. If things don’t start changing now, who knows what teenagers will be like in 5 or 10 years. Every year it seems to get worse and worse and effect younger and younger kids. I believe this needs to change..soon.