You can do anything you want

Kelsey - Princeton, Illinois

As a young child, I remember my parents telling me that I could do anything I wanted as an adult, as long as I got a good education. Well, I used to fantasize about becoming a famous singer or an actress or even a T.V. host. Now I know that I don’t want to be any of those things, like my parents said I can do anything I want, why waste it on things that every one wants to do. Every day I try my hardest, most days, at school and at home, to make myself the kind of person that really could do anything he/ she wanted to do. I do my homework, take care of myself, and try my hardest to pay attention in and out of class. I know that these skills and knowing how to access them will not only help me now, but later on in my life.

I once knew a man who wanted everything that the world had to offer. He got good grades in school and he did his best at school, at home, and at the community center where he volunteered. All he wanted to be when he was younger was a professional chef. Well, to this very day he is in college getting high honors in all of his classes, and is well on his way to achieving that long-wanted goal. I know that my friend is doing this well, because he is getting a good education, therefore, he can do anything he wants and go anywhere he wants.

I believe in the power of an education. An education can take you anywhere, even the moon! Without an education you could end up like one of those families that has to decide on what to do about bills every month, and not on what to do for fun. Educations are given to you so you don’t have to struggle, they are given to you so you can aspire and achieve anything or go anywhere you want. Even if it means growing up to be a famous singer, actress, or even a T.V. host.