Families can be a lifeline

David - palm desert, California

Ever since I was small my parents have taken good care of me they have been my world, my life, they have always been there for me and as far as I know they always will be. As I grew up I had many uncles and aunts that cared for me, a brother that I love to death and many cousins that are like brothers and sisters to me. As I grew up I made many friends, some come and go and a few friends I could trust my life with, yet even friends have their own problems ,cousins, uncles and aunts have their own lives. When it comes down to it my family my parents my grandparents and siblings to me have always been the lifeline, they will be there for me no matter what happens. Having a strong relationship with family will help you in the adventure of life.

When you are growing up especially as a teenager you are blinded by a lot of distractions especially now in the modern world; a lot of parents will forgive you for anything as long as you don’t shun them; as a kid you’re always going to mommy and daddy for all the problems that seem to happen, as you get older you start losing that connection, and in my opinion I think it’s devastating to parents and family. Your family wants to help you, you just won’t let them, if a relationship becomes unstable and continues to be unstable for a long period of time it will only be a matter of time before it collapses on itself. There are always problems in life some are minor and some are not, yet people are stubborn they think they can handle life on their own but the matter of fact is that there always comes that time in one’s life where they need support, I think if you have a stable relationship with parents and family it will be easy for you to face any problem the world throws at you.

The support you need will always be there no matter what if you start losing your way, you are depressed or think you are alone there is always someone who loves you and cares for you. Out of everybody in the world a parent a brother, a husband or wife will always try their hardest to bring you back from the little hole you have crawled into; they are the only ones that will sacrifice themselves for your sake. Having good family values will brighten up your future, it means you have someone to rely on and in times of recession and hardships it’s always good to have a shoulder to lean on. Families don’t always get along there will be arguments and disagreements, but think about it, they argue because they care, because they want what’s best for you, They want you to know that you are not alone.