Competition Is Life

David - Madison Heights, Virginia
Themes: purpose

Competition is everywhere in our lives, and without it, the world would be boring. I believe that competition keeps everyone around the world on their toes. The businessmen and women are keeping tabs on their opponent, political candidates are always out doing the other, and athletes are training so that they can be better than the other team, or person. Competition is abundant throughout this world and without it everyone would be as lifeless as a rock.

Inside the business world is where the unknown competition is found. We do not exactly know what some companies do to keep other companies out of business. Companies always trying to out do the other in their products. This competition gives the consumer better products because the competing companies are making better products to make more money and keep the other businesses out of business. The companies are competing where no one will notice. For example, Wal-Mart has lower prices than Food Lion and Kroger, they do this to continue consumer purchases in their company. Business competition is what keeps the world going, and gives the consumer better prices and products.

Political competition is the most obvious in our world because we see it on television and hear it on the radio. Political competition gives the people a choice on who we want in office. This is most obvious when an election is coming up and the candidates are campaigning. Another aspect of competition in politics is government competition. The Cold War was filled with competition, who is going to be the first in space? Who is going the moon first? Who is going to create the biggest and baddest atomic bomb? All of these questions were answered due to competition. Competition is what drives politics, and without it, would we have politics?

Finally, the most famous competition is what brings people to football games, and karate tournaments. Two teams or people going against the other to see who has become the most prepared for the bout. I see this competition as an impulse for the athletes. they are always wanting to win so bad that they would lay there own body on the line. I am a victim of this impulse, I will take every bruise and broken bone to win my karate competitions. Just to be on top is the greatest feeling anyone can experience. Competition in sports is entertaing for the spectators and exhilarating for the athlete. Competition is life.

Competition drives people to be better in all aspects of life, and I believe that without it we would be lifeless and bored. Everyone wants to be better than someone, and that someone wants to be better than someone else, and so on. Competition is an impulse for everyone and most of us do not know why we feel that we have to compete. I believe that competition is our life.