Life is incorrectly defined

Jared - Madison Heights, Virginia

Existence in the physical world: the quality that makes living animals and plants different from dead organisms and inorganic matter. Its functions include the ability to take in food, adapt to the environment, grow, and reproduce; life. That is, according to Webster’s Dictionary, but in reality, what is life? Is life really that simplistic? Is life really that easy? I thought life was a rigorous physical and emotional rollercoaster that sends man to an early death; I thought life was the quality of living that leaves organisms with unwanted decision making; I thought life was way too hard; I thought life was unfair; Thus, I Believe life is incorrectly defined. Life is a beautiful, wonderful, and magnificent venture, but it is also rigorous, emotional, and highly unpredictable. In the feat known as life, there always seems to be a wide array of unwanted decisions that need to be made, questions that need to be answered, and feelings that seem to be hurt.

Something that somebody chooses or makes up his or her mind about, after considering it and other possible choices; decisions.Is this an appropiate definition of decisions? Once again, my opinion seems to differ with that of the Websters Dictoionary. Decisions are a series of mind altering choices that often times leave people emotionally drained and physically crippled. “Should we drop the bombs on Japan to end World War II?,” said Harry Truman ; “Should we defend the world against terrorism,?” said George Bush; “Should abortion and gay marriage be legalized,?” said numerous members of the supreme court. These are a few examples of the numerous questions that run through the heads of high ranking officials. After reviewing the mindset and the decision making of these people, one can only ask, “ is life simply the quality that makes living animals and plants different from dead organisms and inorganic matter? I don’t think so. Decisions are a major part of life and they are oftentimes difficult to make.