Eric - Plam Desert, California

I believe that choosing just one topic to write about is impossible when one has so

much wisdom that he could share. I started writing this essay a few times and was just

not happy with any of the topics I could think of at the time. After having many different

ideas floating around my head, and putting some of them down on paper, I found that I

just wasn’t happy with just any one topic.

The obvious choice was to write about my pride and joy, my baby, what I get up

looking forward to spend time with…my car. The problem with that is that I couldn’t

figure out what to say about it, I mean yea it held the 60-0mph break test record for 11

years in it’s class, and sure it has the strongest inline-6 engine ever put into a car. These

are just miniscule to what makes the car special to me though, and I really didn’t what to

just write a paper about my car because I feel “smarter” then that.

The 5 “P’s”, as they are known to us in Mr. Wipf’s class, “Prior Planning

Prevents Poor Performance”. I strongly agree that with the five P’s however felt that I

could not truly write about something I did not practice very often. One of my pet peeves

is when people talk about things they do not know about, and yes I do know what the five

P’s are, but to truly understand something one must know more then just theory and

know the practice as well. If people followed the, in my opinion, golden rule then many

things could have been avoided. Like when the first people started to life in the giant boll

called New Orleans. If someone on the drawing boards for the city just said “ umm guys

I don’t think it’s a good idea to live in a place that is under sea level that’s right next to

the…OCEAN.” So obviously it was to late to turn around and it became a densely

populated area, and yet someone thought it was a good idea to put the back up generators

in the bottom and sometimes underground levels of buildings. I’m not asking for

everyone to be ‘perfect” but please lets try to use the 5 P’s more often.

I wanted to talk about the how even if you are having bad day just forcing a smile

really can turn that frown upside down, you know think happy be happy, right? I was

then trying to incorporate the idea that the dominate person in the group will change the

thoughts, and emotions in that group. If there are just two people and the more dominate

one is happy, even if the other is having the worst day of their life’s that that happiness

would transfer over to the unhappy person making them happy. However I found that I

just couldn’t like the two thoughts together with a common thesis.

I have a hard time just focusing on just one topic at a time, which is how I have

attained such knowledge with such little work. Writing about just one thing is

impossible.