graffiti is freedom

anthony - COACHELLA, California

I believe that graffiti art is freedom. Graffiti is meant to be done in the streets, so you can express your feelings and artistic ideas for everyone to see. I am a graffiti writer, I write graffiti, write graffiti and teach graffiti to up coming graffiti writers.

I started writing graffiti my ninth grade year with my friend Orlando, at the time he was a lot better then me but after freshman year he left and I was on my own. That is when I began finding all I could about graffiti, where it came from, how to do it, and all the elements of it, then I thought of myself a writing name and began to write.

At first I got my ideas off of different pictures that I seen on my computer then I started talking to other more experienced writers, they were really nice and helpful, they showed me a lot that helped me with my graffiti carrier. By the time I was ready to actually start taking my work to the streets it was the middle of my 10th grade year.

I started tagging at school so I could get some recognition by the student, after a while of hearing people talk about my work I knew that I had to go bigger and that is when I used my first can of spray paint. It was suck a rush just being able to write on anything you wanted and whatever size or color you wanted.

Graffiti is very addictive once you get good at it its hard to stop, it just kind of stays with you and when you need to let out some anger, sadness, or any felling you can express yourself with your art.

graffiti is art and a full contact sport, but it belongs in the streets were it originated. I believe graffiti is freedom to express yourself or your feelings though art. This I believe…