This i Believe

lauren - palm desert, California
Themes: integrity

I believe in honor and honor and that your word is all that a person really has that they can count on. Once a person losses their honor or believe ability they are nothing in life. If you think about it in life the way you get promotions is through hard work, trust and responsibility. So if you’re not trust worthy you’ll have issues in the long run in life. I have been raised in a house hold where honesty is held to the highest utmost importance. Even though telling the truth is usually harder to do it pays off. The repercussions of the actions taken could be lessened and you will still have your integrity. And they may even look back thinking “well they did tell us the truth even though they knew they were going to get in trouble so I trust them” in whatever case that might be. That single act of honesty could be a huge factor in the decision of allowing you to go out and do something or possibly extending your curfew.

I believe that when a person becomes a figure that a young child looks up to and asks for their opinion, that person should be responsible enough to give them the truth to the best of their ability that will suit the child’s level of understanding. If you stop to think how your answer could affect the child’s future the only thing you should do is tell the truth. That young individual is trusting in you to give them an honest answer and as a person that child looks up to you may end up having a significant role in how that young individual views the world and their mannerisms towards either situations or towards people they may encounter in their everyday life. When a person is young they are like a sponge and they will soak up anything and everything that comes out of your mouth because to them you are a god like figure and you can do no wrong because they trust everyone so easily, but if they ever find out or realize that you neglected to tell them the honest truth you will be the one to suffer in the fact that they may have an issue with your believe ability with anything and everything you say or do.

If you can tell the truth everyday with every matter your life will be so much better, because you will not have to worry that you might slip up and not repeat your lie exactly like what you have previously told. And then you and solely you would have to reap the repercussions for that mistake. When you could have saved yourself the trouble and the humiliation by telling the truth in the first place.