Inspiration

Stephanie - palm desert, California

I believe in inspiration. Most people today do not have a proper definition for inspiration and seem to get it confused with admiration. When you walk down the halls of my high school and ask who/what inspires you the most, you get half-witted responses that usually consist of the person he/she admires most at the moment. Inspiration in my eyes can be anything, as long as it drives you to be the best person you can be. I have many friends who do not live up to their potential and it saddens me to see what could have been greatness just waste away because they have no motivation.

I have recently seen the movie “Homeless to Harvard” and it portrays a true story of inspiration and shows the potential and goals anyone can reach. Even if in the movie the inspiration to set out and accomplish was a mere idea, an idea of what you do not want to become in life. My inspiration is an emotional action. An action that makes me want to have a good life. My inspiration is envy. I am envious of others lives, but isn’t everyone? I look at other people’s lives and see what they have that I don’t, it could be anything, a specific type of car, a bigger house, a more fit and seemingly perfect family. Its not that I am complaining about my life, it shaped me to become the person I am today but I look at this as things I would be able to change and accomplish in the future. I see myself doing great things, and if that is because I am envious of others than so be it. Everyone around you desires, envies or even despises something so much that it inspires them to change whatever it is and set forth an action to achieve a happier self.

All around me my friends lack inspiration, their parents are the only power to push them to go to school and become something with their lives. A lot of them do not have a good grasp on their future and do not realize how their actions change their potential. I believe in inspiration because it is something that everyone needs to help motivate, but sometimes you can’t get through to everybody. It just seems like such a waste to me when someone does not have enough inspiration to do something with their lives that they almost waste it because they do not even attempt to achieve things that equal to their potential. My dream is to get everybody off their butts and go out and find something that inspires them the most and use that as the one driving factor that pushes them to achieve the greatness that they were put on this earth to become. This is why I believe in inspiration, everyone has the power to be someone.