the power of love

kayla - palm desert, California
Themes: love

This I believe

How do you know when you are in love? Is it possible to love two people the same way? Is there such a thing as love at first sight? Questions we all ask ourselves, but only know the answers through what we believe.

Love, we all go through it, well the most of us. But how do we know when we are truly in love? For me it’s the first kiss. Its when you get butterflies every time you see them. Every time you hear their name your heart skips a beat. They are the only person that can make your heart beat faster and slower at the exact same time. I believe that is how you know you are in love. And when we are there we are blind. We only see good in that person, and erase all the bad from our lives. You see there imperfections, and that makes them more perfect to you. You want to spend every minute with them, and when you are not with them they are all that you think about. This I believe is what true love really is.

Everyone loves someone in their life. Even if you don’t think you do, you most likely do. Whether it be you mother or father, sisters, or brothers, your cat, or dog even. You do love. Family love is more like an unconditional love. You love them no matter what. They are the only people that will be there for you when no one is left. Its almost like you have to love them. They are your family. The love between parents and their children is priceless. And if you don’t understand now, you will when you have little tikes of your own running around. But no matter how much you love your dad, or cat, you will love no one that same way. Each love you have for someone is unique in their own way. There is a difference between the love you have for your friends, your family, pets, and your significant other. This is what I believe. I can honestly say I have been in love once outside family and friends. And a past relationship I had helped me understand love better. You see I believed that I loved someone, but when we parted and I met another, I realized I didn’t love the person before. But nonetheless I believe that whether you are with a man or a woman, you will never love them the same as the one before, or the ones to come. This is what I believe.

Is there love at first sight? Some believe yes, others disagree and say that it is impossible. I believe that it is possible but not like people think it is. Lets say your in a coffee shop and you see a cute girl or guy, well you end up swapping numbers go on a couple of dates and realize that you love that person. In that sense, yes I believe that love at first sight is possible. As far as feeling that you love them right then and there, I think that you would just be falling in love with their looks rather than the person themselves. And that is ok. This is what I believe.

Love is everywhere and it is a very precious thing to have in your life. It can be the most wonderful times of your life, or the worst. It is very powerful, and can either make or break you. But there is nothing like the feeling of being in the arms of the person that took your heart from you. This I believe.