The Best Mother Ever

Nikki - Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Themes: family, gratitude

I believe in my mother. For me she represents adoption, love, and friendship. She always stood beside me, no matter how many curve balls life threw. She never gave up on me and somehow she maintained her sanity. My mother is a very strong woman. She is my role model.

On September 17,1988, my mother made a huge sacrifice for me. She gave up her freedom and her ability to do things any young, beautiful twenty-year old woman would want to do. She adopted me. My mother was not able to have children of her own and my biological mother was going to abort me, so she decided to give me a chance. Not knowing what was in store for the future, she made her most unselfish decision.

Second, I believe in my mother’s love. Her love is unconditional. No matter how many times I made her gray hairs grow by making dumb decisions like sneaking out in the middle of the night. she never stopped loving me no matter what kind of choices I made in life. Even if she didn’t agree with me she would always stand by me and give to me her love and support. She loved me enough to let me make my own decisions but at the same time, teach me right from wrong.

Last, but certainly not least, I believe in my mother’s friendship. My mother is my best friend. I have always been able to tell her anything and everything going on in my life. From boys to getting in trouble with the law, no matter what the circumstances, I can always talk to my mother.

Growing up I did not realize how much my mother means to me. The older I get the more I understand how truly blessed I am. I will always cherish my mother. From her adoption of me, to her unconditional love, and her understanding friendship, I know that I truly have the best mother ever.