A miricle of life

Ruthanne - Scio, Oregon

My family has enjoyed taking trips in the summer. We have always went camping and done other things as a family to get a break. There is one particular camp that we go to every year, Family camp. This camp had been designed for friends and family to gather together and go to church and have fun. There has even been a family day at the end with wonderful fun things for everyone such as horseback rides, inflatable, face-paint, concerts, and much more. But my story consists of our traveling to the camp, not actually at the camp.

In 2005 my family was in a hurry to get to camp this year. So we hurried and packed everything, hooked up the trailer, and headed off. Every one was doing their own thing. My sister was watching a movie that any 9-yr. old would love, my brother was in his own world of music as any older brother would, and my parents were talking about all the plans that they had. I on the other had was reading and watching all that went around me.

My dad turned the van onto highway 22 and curved a bit. On this highway there are four lanes. Two that go in our direction and two on the other side that head the other way. We were driving on the far right side. We drove for a couple of minuets when the van started to turn left into the other lane beside us. I looked around and there were cars everywhere. Then it turned back into our lane. I thought for a second that dad was just goofing around. Then the van turned into the lane next to us again and when I looked at my dad his fists were turning white as he clenched the steering wheel more. The traffic suddenly cleared completely. There was not but one car in site. The van turned again heading into the on coming traffic and swerved back to our lane. Then again the van was taking sharp turns into the oncoming traffic and my dad could not stop it. We were then taking up all four lanes with a van that was uncontrollable. My mom cried out “Oh Jesus! Help!”

In a matter of seconds of when my mom cried out the van stopped swerving and my dad pulled over. The whole activity happened in a matter of a few minuets. We had later discovered that the use was that the axle came out of place and caused the van to loose control. The result of this was that the tires bent in against the side-wall of the trailer causing it to fish trailer or swerve uncontrollably. My parents looked at each other and at us kids. They were very surprised and all of us were. We had lived through a miracle that God graciously gave to us. We prayed.