I Believe In Maternal Love

Jerry - 01450, Massachusetts
Themes: family, love

I believe in maternal love. I believe that mothers love their kids more than anything else in their lives. This world has been changing, but maternal love has never changed. Why do mothers care about their children so much? Is that natural abilities or morality? I believe that is natural abilities. I was really lucky to born in a good family. In my childhood, I did not have to worry about what I was going to eat and how I was going to survive. My parents especially my mother spent most of their time taking care of me, but I had never felt their love. When I was in the middle school, I tried to do anything to make my mother angry, and I even injured one of her fingers by grabbing my controller from her hand. I hadn’t felt appreciate that I have a mother who always look after me until I read news about the earthquake in China.

The earthquake occurred in Sichuan province at May 12, 2008. A lot of people died in this natural disaster. People from different countries have gone to Sichuan province to rescue the wounded residents. The rescue team had found so many dead bodies under those ruins. They found a dead female body that was on her kneels and was bent over on the ground. Most of her body was destroyed and bloody. Rescue team thought that this lady was doing religious ceremony before she died. They prayed for her about one minute and started to pull this dead body out of destroyed house. When they were pulling out the body, they found a little baby who just born in few months. The baby was alive and sleeping. When they about to pull out the baby. There was a cell phone dropping off from the baby’s cloth. Rescue team picked up the cell phone and found that there was a message in the cell phone. The rescue team opened that massage: My son, please remember I love you. The people in the rescue team remained in silence for a while. They could not stop the tear dripping from their eyes, the tears dropped on the mother’s dead body, but she had never felt anything because she was already dead. The baby was still sleeping and he did not know that his mother had sacrificed her life to save him. The mother’s dead body was cold, but the spirit of the mother has always remained.

This spirit has affected me and has made me felt ashamed of what I have done to my mother. I remembered when I was in middle school, I always argued with my mother and I did everything to get away from her control. I also remember when I got a serious injury on my right leg, my mom was the first one who went to the hospital and brought me home. Mothers do not care how their kids look like or what kind of people they are; mothers always love their children more than anything else in this world. I believe mother’s love is a god given gifts for all of us, and I love my mother.