Miracles and Divine Planning

Danielle - Manhattan, Montana

As a sophomore in high school, I thought that the world was invincible. Everything seemed flawless until the moment someone told me that my oldest brother had just rolled his jeep. Of course, since I knew nothing, everyone tried to offer their support, encouraging me that my brother would be fine. Hours later when the full details of that evening where drawn to my attention, I found that my brother had not been wearing his seat belt. In fact, he was lucky to be alive. The jeep had rolled in such a way that gravity had kept him from being ejected. If it had rolled any other way, he would have been killed from the impact. It was at this moment in my life that my belief in miracles and Divine planning were strengthened beyond the capacity of comprehension. As my eyes were opened, I found that miracles are everywhere. God has a Divine plan and purpose for all our lives. This experience revealed to me that God is stronger than any obstacle or situation. He has complete control over everything and controls who lives and dies, who fails and who succeeds, and also who is brought into our lives. It is because of God’s almighty, omnipotent power that I believe in miracles. Miracles are what keep me from melting into a world where the only things that matter are the tangible objects and obvious statistics. Often times I take the world at face value, seeing everything from a naïve perspective, but then I am reminded of God’s ultimate control through a beautiful miracle. I have found, however, that miracles aren’t always huge and “eye–popping.” I learned that miracles are even in the small things – the graduate who walks down the aisle, excited to live the life before him; the two lovers who met in unusual and coincidental circumstances; the couple standing at the alter, promising their faithfulness; the tiny baby, nestled in a mother’s arms, and in the old couple holding hands and flirtatiously smiling at each other even after fifty years of marriage. I see miracles everywhere. I have been blessed in being able to decipher, and to see, and to believe in them. I once was blind but now I see. I see a world that is full of miracles and Divine planning.