Hope

Zachary - Princeton, Illinois
Themes: hope

Two years ago, my aunt died of breast cancer that had just spread way too far. But that was not the first time she had been through problems. When I was very young my aunt was in a horrible accident. She was driving her car she slid under a semi-truck. Luckily, God was on her side. She wasn’t wearing her seatbelt so she was able to duck as the truck took off the top of the car. Surviving with serious injuries to her head, she was in the hospital for a long time she had seen many things and thought nurses were trying to poison her.

When she finally got out she was a new person in good ways and in some ways not. She had changed in the way she was a lot more careful, less of a daredevil about life. People also changed their opinions about her because of her change in mood. This taught me something though; she survived through such tragedy with hope. Hope is one thing that keeps all cancer patients able to survive another day. Hope is also something little kids get at Christmas, but that’s a different hope.

When my aunt got very sick with cancer she stayed at my house for awhile. I always hoped she would get better, but she got worse and eventually died. For awhile I thought hope was useless, but it turns out maybe my hope helped her awhile ago when she survived her horrible car crash.

If I ever give up hope because life just seems to be going against you, just think maybe my hope is going somewhere else. Maybe even to a greater cause, so I would have to say I should never give up hope even in situations like September eleventh, or other horrible disasters.

If my aunt taught me anything, which she did, the thing she taught me most is to always have hope. I’m very sad she died, but I know she’s in a better place. I will always keep up my hope in life. There is no time when I won’t have hope. This I believe.