Living above the influence

Taylor - princeton, Illinois

I believe that living above the influence is the right way to live. People should not do drugs, smoke, or even drink. The death percents from these three bad habits are extremely high. I think that doing drugs, smoking, and drinking are all the same as killing your self, just slowly.

Did you know that even if it’s your first time doing drugs you can die? Well it’s true. My cousin and I grew up together and he was the best cousin in the world, but last year he was at a party and desisted to get high with his stupid friends. When he took only one drag of the drug he blacked out. The next thing I know, I got a phone call. It was my aunt saying my cousin was dead. It turned out that his body just couldn’t handle the drug, so his first drag was his last. I think the reason kids do drugs is to be cool. They think that once won’t hurt them, but it dose. It hurts them more than they think it even hurts the ones around them, like friends and loved ones.

Smoking kills people too. My grandpa died of cancer last year. He had cancer in his lungs from all the nicotine he put into his body. His death made almost everyone in my family quit smoking. But a lot of people I know smoke and it doesn’t make me love them any less, but I am worried about there health.

Drinking is the worst of all. Not only do you hurt your self but you hurt other people too. When I was in the fourth grade I had the best teacher, Mrs. Bay, one day her sister, Ann, and her family got into a car accident. Ann and her husband both died, as well as her six year old little girl. The only one who lived through that accident was the four year old girl named Beth. The sad thing was it was Beth’s birthday. If people didn’t drink than the drunk driver wouldn’t have hit Ann’s car. When people are drunk they do stupid stuff and when they wake up in the morning they have no clue what they did last night or the other day. So is the two or three hours really worth the consequences?

I think that doing drugs, smoking, and drinking are all the same as killing your self, just slowly. That’s why I am living above the influence. I think every one should too.