My America

Justin - Palm Desert, California

This I believe, my America

There are not too many places in the world where you can rise from rags to riches or just enjoy a life in a free land. America is one of the few. I believe in America. I believe that this country is the greatest nation to have ever been and will remain the best.

This country was founded by great men that were willing to make sacrifices to break away from a controlling suppressive government and form a democracy where all men were created equal under god. Although it took some time to get there it happened through the kind of courage and determination of people you can only find in America: The courage to face any enemy any problem and the determination to win.

I believe in the in my country so much that I would give my life in defense of it and be proud to do so. One thing Americans understand for the most part is that freedom isn’t free but it is worth the price. In the Second World War America with al of its industrial sprung in to action to play a pivotal role in defeating the axis of evil. After the war we continuously dropped supplies to East Germany for almost an entire year to help the German people. We were not conquers but rather we were liberators. The feeling I get to know that I live in a country that is so just is truly one I can not put in to words.

I believe America truly is the Home of the free land of the brave. The words don’t tread on me are a reminder to any one who would believe different. I believe it is our sense of right from wrong that has made us who we are, our morals as a people that have given us a lasting impression on the world.

Any where you go in the world you will find that people like America and its people. To the rest of the world America is the defender of freedom and if that freedom is being threatened anywhere in the world then you had better look out because were coming for you. When terrorist groups attack the innocent America is there to put them to justice.

I believe that this land will endure and the values that it was built on will also remain. Some people say that one day America will fall just as all great Empires have but would I tell them that America is no Empire. I believe that any land any nation that believes in freedom and justice for all will last as long there are still people with freedom in their hearts.