I believe in College

Terry - Resaca, Georgia

I believe in College

I believe college is very important part of my life. This was not always my way of thinking. I was seventeen years old when I graduated high school; I went straight to work at Shaw as a lift truck operator making a pretty good amount of money for that time, my attitude was, “ I’m making good money. I don’t need college. “

My oldest sister graduated college a year after I graduated from high school. She went on to work for Shaw also not making much more money than I was. This just reinforced my belief that I made the right choice.

My youngest sister who is eight years younger than I. She graduated high school and went right into college. Now she is a very successful CPA accountant bring home close to six figures a year. Her success change my thinking, Because of her, I began to consider furthering my education.

It was in the year 2000 that my mom went and got an Associate’s Degree at the age of 55, this made me stop and think about my future.

I also have a niece who went to college and fathered her education and now is a successful teacher in the Dalton school system. She loves her job.

As the other women in my family used education to improve their lives, I to, looked on and wanted to improve my own. At the age of 40 I decided to take the first step an enter college. I’m a freshman at Dalton State College and I’m having a good time learning new things that I thought I already knew. In the next 6 or so years I will be getting my Operation Management Degree and on my way to a more successful life.

College education is very important. This I believe.