I believe in Parenting

Paige - Reasca, Georgia
Themes: parenthood

I believe there is no job more important than parenting. Being a mother is exciting but, also terrifying at moments. Parenthood is one of life’s greatest gifts form God. However, there are so many things, in my child’s life, that are beyond my control. Almost every time the news is broadcast, there is a missing, abused, or murdered child. I have a role as a mother to protect and teach my child. My six month old son has shown me the happiness, stress, and importance of raising a child.

When my son was born, I felt amazing. It was awesome to see that small child who was brought to earth through me. The first time I saw him, I knew he was the most beautiful baby in the world. He had dark skin, pitch black hair, chubby cheeks, dark blue eyes, and little round fingers and toes. I laughed and cried. Seeing him develop daily is the joy of my life. As he grows and explores new things, I know I am blessed to share my love with someone so wonderful.

Balancing school and family life can often be hard to handle. My son is constantly seeking my attention, which makes studying almost impossible. Every time I turn around he has his hands into something. He has begun crawling so I am always pulling him away from something. If my husband is late getting home, I am responsible for all household duties. My son senses when he is being ignored and lets me know by crying, whimpering, or screaming. I give up a lot as a parent, but I gain much more in return. I gain a bond with my son.

When raising a child, it is important to build a stable foundation. Children pick up on things quickly. Recently, within one day, my son began waving bye. It is amazing to watch him learn things in such short amounts of time. I want him to build a strong family connection. This will teach him to love others and express his feelings. I must also teach him the rights and wrongs, manners, academics, body parts, and so many other things. This will help open his eyes to new things and start building a stable foundation. It is my job, as a parent, to make these things available to him.

Being a parent is a full-time job. My parenting towards him will influence the rest of his life. It is my goal to make sure he feels loved. The happiness, stress, and importance of raising a child is overwhelming, but I would not trade the joys of watching my son grow for anything in the world. There is no job more important than parenting. This I believe.