Remember to

Katie - Boise, Idaho

I believe in remembering. I believe in remembering that what I have at this moment is more than most can claim to have. I believe in remembering that every person goes through different struggles and pain and that their pain is not less then mine. I believe in remembering that my pains today will soon be with millions of memories of the past and they will be worn into smooth pebbles that will scatter like sand. I believe in remembering that my opinions are not the only truth out there. I pray to see beyond myself.

I want to remember that there are billions of individuals, each with their own views and ways of life. They each are going in their own direction and they expect to find happiness, often not the same way in which I want to. I hope to have humility in knowing that my experiences have made me a better person. The memories we have should serve a purpose in guiding us to understanding what we are now. I want to remember that I have a lot to learn, and have the strength to accept uncertainty but the courage to believe and hope.

I believe in remembering that kindness will come back and hug you. The way to reach into others hearts is to first learn about what you have inside yours, and be at peace with yourself. I want to remember that laughter, music, and good company can drive any kind of sadness away. I want to remember that laughter is not always appropriate. I want to remember that there are always people out there who care about me, no matter what it feels like at the moment. I want to remember to enjoy the simple things in life like the fact that when my dog yawns it is like a smile.

I want to remember my warm and fuzzy childhood and stuffed animals. I want to remember that today counts. If you take one step it is easier to make another and then another and soon you can sprint. I want to remember that you do not always want to run. Slow down, everyone says that as you get older years get smaller.

I like to remember the beauty in people. I want to know the way to save someone and I want to know when to let go. I want to remember to soak in the sunlight when it shines. I want to give in but stay strong. As much as I believe in remembering, I also believe in letting go of the past. I want to remember to let go of the things that are not big enough to be worth the time I would spend worrying about them.

I believe in remembering, so that I will not forget all these things.